Edinson Cavani speaks out after the front three of PSG scores

Edinson Cavani feels it can get even better for PSG and their three attacking stars, despite a remarkable start to the season.

Edinson Cavani believes there is more to come from himself, Neymar and Kylian Mbappe, even as PSG’s expensively assembled trio dominate in Ligue 1.

New signing Mbappe made a goalscoring debut, Cavani scored twice and Neymar also found the back of the net in PSG’s 5-1 rout of 10-man Metz on Friday.

It was the first time Cavani, €222million recruit Neymar – who has scored four goals since his arrival from Barcelona – and Mbappe lined up together, helping PSG extend their winning start to the Ligue 1 season to five matches for the first time in their history.

And Cavani – with seven goals in five league matches so far – feels it can get even better for PSG and their three attacking stars.

“I think we played well this evening. We were good in every area of the pitch,” Cavani told Canal

“Of course it’s difficult with 10 against 11, but we deserve the win because we played well. I feel good, despite the trip to play for my country. I always want to play if I can and the coach chose to pick me this evening, which is good for me.

“I always give my best, it’s positive for everyone, and we feel good on the pitch.

“Mbappe and Neymar are great players. We have a good understanding. I hope we’ll continue to improve.

Advertisements

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain signs for Liverpool

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is an Arsenal player no more.

The winger’s six-year spell at the Emirates Stadium came to an end on Thursday as Liverpool concluded a deal that could reach £40m.

Speaking to Liverpool’s official website, Oxlade-Chamberlain said: “I’m currently away with England, so I’m at St George’s Park. Firstly, I’m delighted to have signed for Liverpool and a big thank-you to everyone here at the FA that has made this possible, using the facilities. It has been a massive help.

The move comes after Oxlade-Chamberlain turned down the chance to join the Premier League champions, Chelsea.

With one year remaining on his contract at Arsenal, the 24-year-old has been allowed to leave the club, who risked losing him for nothing next summer.

The Gunners can rightfully claim a solid piece of business, commanding a very large fee for a player who has seldom been a guaranteed starter during his time in London.

Liverpool fans will be very excited about their new acquisition, who adds more attacking menace to a side that have already brought in Mohamed Salah this window and clinched an agreement for RB Leipzig’s Naby Keïta to join next summer.

Liverpool are said to be still pursuing a deal for AS Monaco’s Thomas Lemar, while the insistence remains that they will not sell Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona before the transfer deadline closes on Thursday evening.

However, Mamadou Sakho, Lazar Markovic and Divock Origi could all leave the club.

The Spaniard signs a new deal with Real Madrid, with a ‘Glorious’ release clause

If sources in Spain are to be believed, Friday beings some good news for Real Madrid fans.

That news? Well AS are reporting that Isco – the man with the silk feet who for so long a transfer target of other clubs – has signed a new deal with the La Liga champions.

AS say it is a four-year deal with the option of extending it by another season

That’s all good but there is another very, very interesting detail in the story. Isco’s buy-out clause has been set at €700m. Yeah, seriously.

Madrid – and presumably lots of other clubs are running scared after what happened with Barcelona and PSG. Indeed, AS add: “There are no players in Madrid’s first-team squad with a clause below 500m … And in Castilla [Real’s ‘B’ team], there are now players with clauses of 300m.”

Wow. Just wow

Shocking : CONFIRMED !! Neymar to join PSG

Neymar has told his Barcelona team-mates he wants to leave the club and could join Paris Saint-Germain on Friday, according to reports in Spain.

Both Mundo Deportivo and RAC1 say the Brazilian reported for training at Barça’s Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper complex on Wednesday morning and informed the club of his intention to bring his four year stay at Camp Nou to an end.

Neymar left the training ground immediately afterwards and Barcelona then confirmed via their official Twitter account that the forward hadn’t taken part in the training session

Barcelona then made an official statement, as reported by Catalan publication SPORT, which confirmed the morning’s events.

“Neymar Jr has informed the club about his departure from the club and has said goodbye to his team-mates,” read the statement.

“The coach has given him permission not to train and resolve his future.”

Blaugrana chiefs are said to have grown weary of the transfer saga in recent days and have come around the idea of allowing the 25-year-old to move to France in a world record breaking €222 million deal.

Barça are reportedly interested in signing either Borussia Dortmund’s Ousmane Dembélé or Juventus’ Paulo Dybala as Neymar’s replacement, while there have also been suggestions Marco Verratti, Ángel Di María, Adrien Rabiot or Julian Draxler could be included as part of the deal.

The Prem trio for Barca if Neymar goes to PSG

The writing, it seems, is on the wall for Neymar, and Barcelona are preparing to react, according to the Mirror.

Philippe Coutinho is a well-documented target, having already seen an offer knocked back by Liverpool. 

Chelsea’sEden Hazard, sidelined until September, would be another ambitious target

The Catalan club has identified a third valued commodity in Tottenham’s Dele Alli.

Armed with more than €200m, assuming Neymar’s buyout clause is triggered, and with the window winding down, Barca will likely need to spend most of their windfall to prize any of the three Premier League stars from their clubs

“Monstrous” fee agreed for the young Monaco star

Real Madrid and AS Monaco have agreed an astonishing €180m fee for Kylian Mbappé, according to Marca.

The fee would see Real Madrid pay €160m for the teenager, with the extra €20m tied up in bonuses. The report does not say how much of the fee would be paid up front.

As things stand, such a fee would easily be the biggest ever.

Mbappé would reportedly earn €7m-a-year and sign a contract until 2023.

The two clubs met last week to discuss the transfer, with a €190m fee mentioned. Marca suggest only the approval of Zinedine Zidane – busy with the club’s pre-season tour in America – was missing to complete the deal.

After Álvaro Morata completed an €80m move to Chelsea there is no question Real Madrid can afford the fee and their interest in Mbappé is no secret. He would be expected to compete for a first team spot immediately.

The biggest question for Real Madrid ? THE FORWARDS

There is only one man (I should say boy) in the discussion here. Yep, you guessed it right. It’s Kylian Mbappé

The very young French lad, who’s been hot since his glorious performance in the UEFA champions league last season is the name on everyone’s lips at the moment and nothing would please Pérez more than to land the latest brightest young star in the footballing galaxy. Benzema is the certain number one at the moment — it says something that his former back-ups, Gonzalo Higuaín and Álvaro Morata, are now two of the most expensive strikers of all time.

Morata’s departure certainly leaves a hole but Ronaldo and Bale can both operate in more traditional striking roles, if required. However, Mbappé’s elite goalscoring instincts and creativity would add a whole other dimension to the Madrid attack. Over to you, Florentino.

Business remaining:
The excellent business conducted on Morata means that Madrid now definitely have the funds to sign Mbappé and stay within the bounds of Financial Fair Play. The Galacticos are reportedly agreed a fee of €145 million for the Monaco’s golden boy. Let’s wait and see where he’ll land after the opening of the transfer window

They will do everything they can to tempt the young Frenchman to the Bernabéu but in the event that they are unsuccessful, Madrid will still probably have to sign another striker to cover for Benzema